Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Big 30

Last month I had one of those milestone birthdays...I turned 30. I am not a big birthday person and didn't think too much about it but now when people ask how old I am I cringe a little inside when I say "30". Anyway, luckily I married a younger man who helps me keep my youthful glow ;) The day before my birthday I celebrated my very first mother's day. I must admit, I really enjoyed it. We didn't really do anything special except for attend church like we do each Sunday but for some reason it felt nice to be acknowledged. I felt honored to be included in such an amazing group of woman.

Anyway, the next day we woke up and headed off to our favorite beach to celebrate my big day and relax. Eric didn't have to work so my gift from him was his presence :) The weather was amazing and we barely saw a soul. Before we left we headed over to the fishing pier and saw a ton of dolphins playing right below us. We went home and Eric made dinner while I baked myself some birthday chocolate chip cookies. It was so nice to receive birthday greetings from family and friends. It was really the perfect day.














The following morning Eric didn't have to go into work until the afternoon so we decided to have a post-birthday breakfast celebration. Eric played with Caitlyn while I whipped up the deliciousness you see below. I have to admit that I even impressed myself. It was all so good.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment