Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wildlife

Lately we have been surrounded by excessive amounts of birds, insects and reptiles. And although we love all of God's creatures there are certainly some that we love a little less than others. For example, we have been invaded by these little mosquitos. Actually, I think they are a cross between a gnat and a mosquito because they are small and seem to fly in groups but are really good at biting you and buzzing in your ears while you are trying to sleep. I wake up in the mornings with bites on my legs and arms and of course the extremely hard to scratch part of my back. One night Eric and I were up all night because they kept buzzing in our ears and we couldn't think of any way to get rid of them. Unfortunately, Caitlyn is not immune from them either and has taken her fair share of bites as well. Each morning I find more dead ones anywhere where there is a light or heat source so I think we are over the worst of it. Here are just a few examples of what we have seen over the past several weeks.




This little guy decided to eat his breakfast in the parking lot right next to my car. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment