Thursday, March 29, 2012

Long Time No Blog

I am sort of embarrassed coming back on here after a 4 month hiatus. I know the two of you that read this (you know who you are) would like an update on life with the Fishers so I will do a recap to get you up to date. Get ready for picture overload.

Caitlyn did indeed turn one on November 18.














We had a December 2011 photo shoot that did not go well, hence no post. I guess now that she is one she is over being a baby model. You will see what I mean.

























Eric graduated from PA school!!!! I am so proud of him! It was an intense journey but he did it! The whole Fisher clan came to celebrate with us. Oh yeah!
















We spent two weeks over Christmas in Utah with the Marshall's. It was so good to be with my family! Unfortunately, Caitlyn got her first experience with stomach flu on Christmas morning around 2am. She handled it like a champ and was able to still enjoy the day. This bug spread like wildfire though and I ended up getting it a couple of days later. Eric wrapped up the trip by getting sick on New Year's. By the time it was all said and done I think 16 of the Marshall clan got sick. Despite that, we had a great time and it was fun to see Caitlyn interact with her little cousins. Eric studied a lot for his licensing exam but he was able to take a day off and go snowboarding at the Canyons.
We didn't take the camera with us but here are a bunch of videos. I apologize in advance for my voice.


Eric passed his licensing exam!!!! Eric only had about a week to study once we got back to Florida before he took his Physician Assistant National Certification Exam. Caitlyn and I tried to help him by giving him lots of study time and trying to keep quiet by reading our own books.


My sisters came to Florida to visit us! Right before Eric took his huge exam, my sisters flew in to visit Florida for the first time. We wanted to give Eric his space so we headed off to Orlando for a couple of days to go to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was so fun to take a girls trip and Caitlyn loved every minute with her Aunts. After Eric finished his exam we returned to Clearwater to spend a few days celebrating with him and enjoying the beach. It was a little chilly that week but we still had fun. We had such a good time and we're glad they came. They were even good sports about sleeping on the couch in our little one bedroom apartment :)































Right after my sisters left we drove up north for some job interviews for Eric. We spent a month in Maryland with the Fisher's interviewing for jobs and looking for housing. We had only planned on being away for a week or so but are glad we stayed the full 4 weeks because we found the perfect job and the perfect house to rent! Eric and I had to spend a lot of time away from Caitlyn but I think she loved every minute of attention she got from her Grandma and Grandpa Fisher and Uncle Max and Aunt Tori.




Once we got back to Florida we had two weeks to get everything packed up, clean up our apartment and say goodbye. It was hard to say goodbye to friends and the beach but we are excited for this new adventure. On our move up we stopped and stayed the night in Charleston, South Carolina. Eric was born there and has been back to visit quite a few times. He loves it there. We applied for a couple of jobs there but nothing came of it. Eric's dream is to end up there some day. I have to admit that it is beautiful there and the people seem really nice. Anyway, Caitlyn loved it too. We walked around the College of Charleston. It was Parent's Week and they were giving lots of tours to prospective students. Caitlyn walked up to the tour groups and stood with the high school kids and listened as if she were interested in going there someday. It was the funniest thing.











So here we are! We moved to Winchester, VA. Eric is the newest physician assistant at Winchester Orthopaedic Associates. We are renting a cute little house in a great little neighborhood and getting unpacked and settled in. I'll post pictures once we get more settled. Actually, we feel as if we are in a mansion compared to our little one bedroom apartment in Florida. Caitlyn has her very own bedroom and loves it! We are enjoying living so close to the Fishers. Plus we are only about an hour and half outside of downtown DC so feel free to come and visit! Eric had a conference to attend in DC last week so I decided to go with him. Caitlyn got to stay at Grandma's house with her older cousins and had a great time. My parents are coming next week to visit us for the Easter holiday. I am so excited and can't wait for Caitlyn to spend some time with them. Anyway, here is a little glimpse of Ms. Caitlyn  loving life. She is growing up fast these days. Her newest quirk is she insists on walking around carrying a stick of deodorant (I have no idea) and pretend talking on the phone. She has pretty in depth conversations, tells jokes and laughs at herself. Such a silly girl.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of it! Thank you for posting all of your adventures. I think I want to move to Charleston, it is gorgeous and I love the architecture. Caitlyn is growing up, I can't believe how much she has grown in the two and a half months since we visited. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place. Have a wonderful Easter with Mom & Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hilary. You move to Charleston and we will follow you there :)

    ReplyDelete